Julio’s Proper Protesting Tips
Updated: Jun 1
For everyone preparing signs or getting ready for their first protest. We at the revolution encourage your right to speak up on the issues that affect you. We must maintain this momentum all the way up until election day, because your voice is only as strong as your vote. The purpose of a protest is not to loot, so if you’re looking for trouble then we suggest sitting this one out. We urge everyone to support organizations actively upholding justice.
IF you want to protest the proper method follows:
1. Wear a mask to cover your face.
2. Protective eye wear
3. Do not post pictures or videos of people’ faces from the protest.
4. If the situation escalates your safety is the first priority.
5. Watch out for Provocateurs. Most officers are scared but some are spiteful.
6. There might even be undercover cops within the protesters. Call out the people starting violence and document their actions.
7. The purpose of a protest is peace.
Watch Julio talk to First-Time Protestors below